- that Scandinavian forestry lead the way!
- that smart forestry is needed for sustainability and to reduce climat impact
- that forestry is about to experience a giant leap in technology - smart, efficient , lean and profitable
- that all people should be able to measure forest
- deliver good data that benefits all parties and leads to precision forestry
- a technical solution that measures forests filmed with smartphones.
- KATAM (TM) Forest Measurement App that measures each individual tree.
The measurement can be combined with drone data from above. You will get data about the tree species, diameter, height, volume and position of each tree.
- a step further to precision forestry
Test and Evaluation
Test and Annotations
The ongoing development project is sponsored by Vinnova, ALMI Företagspartner, Swedish Energy Agency and Norrskog Research Foundation and is executed in cooperation with Innovation Skåne, MINC, Bizmaker, SCA, IBM, Skogforsk and Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.